Sunday, January 6, 2013

What is Love?

Consider this my introduction, albeit not my first post:

I am not a blogger, of this I am fairly certain.  Do I feel the need to express my daily ins and outs?  -Not really.  Do I think anyone will actually read what I write or even care what the words say? -I suppose not.  Do I feel that I can even begin to justly put into words these thoughts that overwhelm this brain of mine? -Doubtful.  Yet here I am, blogging away, claiming the tiniest little slice of the cyber world for my thoughts, whatever they may be . . .

Today, as I was tucking my son into bed (for the second time), he asked me how he would know when he was in love.  What a question to come from an almost six year old!  I quickly rambled off some answer about how he would just know, kissed him goodnight, and left his room.  But the question lingered.  How do you recognize when you are in love?  I have pondered and pondered, read others thoughts on how to answer the question, questioned myself and my own feelings and for now...this is the answer I wish I had given him:

She is the one that you know your future lives with.  She is the true essence of what you have always searched for before.  When you look into your heart you see her face.  You find home within her eyes and faith within her smile.  Her little mannerisms will warm your heart and drive you crazy.  She will cause you pain at times, but rest assured that the pain will soon subside.  Her words can cut you like a knife, but her touch is a cure all for whatever ails.  Her tears will rip your heart to shreds, and you will want to cry whenever you see the disappointment on her face.  She will take your emotions for a ride each and every day.  She will make you search parts of yourself you never knew existed and she will make you answer questions you could never deal with.  But at the end of the day, hers will be the only face you want to see.  And even though she has the ability to make you feel so bad, you will love her even more for making you face what you can't and stretching you to your outmost limits.  That is why you will love her.  She is the one who will fill your heart with joy just by seeing her.  She is the one that makes you a better person when the day is done.   

These are my thoughts for today . . .

Perhaps I will write more another day, perhaps not.
Perhaps you will read more another day, perhaps not.

But until then (or not) . . .

I will return to my neverending state of Mommytary Madness.

1 comment:

  1. Love your definition. You show this in your life. Keep blogging, I love the first 2.

    ReplyDelete